Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat Plugs

Options
davenotacaptain
davenotacaptain Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I am a relatively new boat owner. Owned a pontoon and just bought a 2005 gs211 and am trying to learn the boat. I have a question about drain plugs if anyone knows. I was told to get the rubberized plug that screws in to tighten. Did this but the pump(I guess bilge) was pumping water out of the boat the entire tip. We were only out about 3 hours. So I looked carefully when water came pouring out when we pulled out of water. There is a threaded plug that is 1/2inch I have got a plug and plugged it. So I now have 2 plugs. We went out just riding a couple times w both plugs with no issues. I have two live wells but haven't even tried them yet. Anyways, are there 2 plugs for this boat????

Comments

• cooleyo
    cooleyo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    I have an 04 211, it only has one drain. Can you post a picture and I will compare our boats.
  • davenotacaptain
    Options
    Only way I could do was to change my profile pic. It's sideways. Sorry. The correct plug I believe is the 1/2 inch threaded that is dead center on bottom. In the pic, to the right, above that one, there is an opening that I thought was for a plug also. Know what that one is for?
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The threaded one is the drain plug.  The other is difficult to see is the picture.  possibly a return hose that could be used on livewell.  Is there a hose/pipe connected on the opposite side of it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @davenotacaptain ... Just drag and drop pic from your desktop to the text box if you get a chance. Tough to see pic.
  • davenotacaptain
    Options
    Yep, it is a return hose that goes to the livewell.  Thanks for the feedback.