Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Battery access or cooler ?

MikeZMiami
MikeZMiami Member Posts: 2
Hi there !  I just bought a 2007 195 O/B Fun Deck Sport - love it, and am already thinking of a bigger one ...  :-)    Anyway, in the stern on the platform area is the battery access.  But when looking at brochures for the new boats, that always seems to be a cooler.  Is there a "cooler insert" I am missing that goes in there, and that oviously you would remove to get to the batteries ?  Or is battery access now elsewhere on newer boats ?  Thanks !   Mike Z, Cape Coral Florida

Best Answer

Answers

• MikeZMiami
    MikeZMiami Member Posts: 2
    Thank you !   I'll see if the dealer can order a replacement tray.  Thanks for the "ear plug" idea !
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    I asked my dealer today and they said no such thing as a battery well ice chest exists.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @FlyingV5.  Take the measurements of the openings and have him compare it to the measurements for the one they make for the SS188.  I'm certain you'll find it will fit there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I got the plastic tray on my boat that sits in the battery well just above the battery.  It has a plastic drain tube attached to the bottom so that liquid is routed into the bilge and does not drip onto the battery.  I don't think they call it an ice chest, but like nquirk, I have used mine the as a cooler.  Fill it with ice, and throw in some drinks.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

I have a plastic tray above the batteries.  No drain hose, but two holes near the top of the tray.  Assuming that it is for storage of some type or more than likely there was a cooler or live well option for this location.  I do not really use it as anything I did place in there would need to be removed to access the batteries.  

2006 FD GS194   

• sdhurricane
    sdhurricane Member Posts: 8
    Wife - Have you seen our dish pan? Fits well.  Unsure of how deep the OEM version is though.  I just need a drain hole
    with a fitting and some tubing to run into the bilge.  The item can be found here - RHP2951ARWHT - Rubbermaid Dishpan, 4.5gal, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z7XQYCI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_18XW2NDGR4RJR09Z4N3T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1