Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2011 188 hurricane. master power rocker switch not working

Options
All electrical on boat is working except master power and all other rocker switches. none of the fuse compartments have pushed out a fuse. Could the problem still be a 5 amp fuse at the master rocker? all was working fine until today.

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@wilvet.  I'm not aware of the fuse you're referring to.  There is a circuit breaker on each switch which you've indicated none have tripped.

Next place to check is on the positive cable near the battery there should be a circuit breaker there.  Make sure its not tripped.

If all of that is ok, you most likely have a ground problem.  Remove connections at battery, clean and reconnect.

Still not working, chase your main ground (tight fit, but you can see it feed in from the side of the boat from under the helm and runs across the bottom of each switch on both switch panels)  Make sure they're all connected and none are damaged or accidentally been pulled off putting stuff in/out of the helm storage compartment)

let us know how you make out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • KenB
    KenB Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Coming in to dock tonight (after sunset) all lights suddenly went out, al rocker switches not working.
    Engine still runs and gages work. I have an hour in the morning to look at it then i have to leave. hope the bilge pump auto still ok
    KenB
  • rtforbes
    rtforbes Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my 2011 188 Hurricane Sundeck Sport. All switches and electrical work except the Master Power. Has anyone found the answer to this?