Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

203 SS OB with Yamaha 200XB

RockinRod
RockinRod Member Posts: 0
I just bought the 203 OB with the Yamaha 200 XB,. It seems very slow out of the hole.

Almost as if there is not enough fuel going to the engine (or perhaps too much).  It sort of suddenly revs up after what sems to be about 5 seconds and the rev up does not seem to be related to getting on plane.

There are performance bulletins on the 203 with the Yamaha 150 but not with the 200.  The performance bulletin on the 203 with 150 says 0-30 MPH is 6.64 seconds.  I don't think mine is that fast.  It should be faster thatn 6.64 given the 50 more HP on my 200.

Anyone else have a 203 with 200 Yamaha?  What is your 0-30 time?  

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hey Rod...checking the engineer on that boat...he may have more info.
  • MNDaveC
    MNDaveC Member Posts: 24
    I noticed the fuel line to the motor on my 203 was a bit too long at the transom an would get kinked occasionally to the point that the engine would get starved. 

I solved the problem by zip tying the fuel line to some of the other cables going into the motor as support to keep it straight. 

I have the 150 Yammy and has a nice hole shot.
This discussion has been closed.