Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What is the "water" switch on my 2002 GS 201 I/O?

DRedRaider
DRedRaider Member Posts: 1
Recently purchased a 2002 GS 201 I/O. On the instrument panel there is a switch labeled "water" along side the other typical lights, live well, bilge etc... I don't hear anything when it is switched on. Owner's manual makes no mention of it. Help!

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hey DRed...sent this question along to Hurricane Support....stay tuned.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The "water" switch on my helm console runs the water pump for the fresh water tank that supplies the head and galley sinks and the wash down hose I have by the transom.  If your boat doesn't have a fresh water tank for a sink(s) or a wash down sprayer, it might have a raw water wash down that the switch operates.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin

DRed...That switch is for a fresh water system. If the boat does not have one – then it is just a blank accessory switch.

• yblood
    yblood Member Posts: 3
    cjjjdeck, Thanks for the info. I too was questioning this switch. My 2012 SD201 has the Fresh Water switch. Where would the "wash down" hose connection be located? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.