Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Hour meter

armywife57
armywife57 Member Posts: 3
I have the number 8 flashing on the very left hand side of my hour meter.  It looks like one of those maintenance reminder lights that I have on my car but have no idea if this is the case on the boat as well.   Any idea what this number means or if there is a listing of these numbers somewhere?  I sure wish there was a better manual out there.   Thanks.

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Checking on this for you...
  • Capt_Steve
    Hey armywife...best bet on this is to contact Faria directly at 860.885.2092. They should be able to supply that info. Good luck!
  • Keith
    Keith Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

This is an example where a “detailed operating manual” for the Hurricane boast would be beneficial. I recently purchase a 2006 Hurricane 237 and noticed this flashing figure 8 when out fishing. Concerned this was an alarm, I return to my home and contacted the local Hurricane dealer. He told me this is just and indicator that the elapsed time hr meter is activated, as to inform the operator if the engine is not running and the ignition key is left on the hour meter is advancing.   An owners operating manual would be soooo useful.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Capt_Steve
    Hey Keith...we are working on a revised manual system, but as you can imagine it's a big project. In the meantime, we'll have to keep working with the various vendors for all the different component systems to keep that info handy. 
  • FrankHD
    FrankHD Member Posts: 16
    And here we are 7 years later and I had the flashing code 8, or B, or 0 (the LCD is not fine enough to be sure) on the hour meter, with still no indication in the owner's manual of what that code or any other might mean.  I anxiously checked all of the fluids and they all seemed fine, and was planning to call the boat dealer on Monday to find out and was not sure whether or not I should drive it this weekend. :(  Thank goodness for Keith's post (and this forum).