Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How far Offshore have you had your Hurricane?

Options
DanErb02
DanErb02 Member Posts: 13
Ok let's get it out of the way up front... I KNOW deck boats aren't ocean going vessels... however.... here in OC MD there's days when the Atlantic is flatter then the back bay once you're past the inlet and I'm thinking of going out to some of the closer man made reefs we have here, about 5 miles out, for some sea bass and close shore Mahi in season.... So who else has ventured offshore in our group and how far out did you go?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Although the Hurricane's Category 5 hull states that it should only be navigated in open ocean .75 miles from shore, I know their are a ton of Hurricane owners (especially in FL) that venture much further than that , so I am surprised you have not gotten any responses as of yet.  Bear in mind that the longer/heavier boats handle chop better than shorter models and most of the 4 digit models have a higher degree deadrise than the 3 digit models which also would be able to handle chop better.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• DanErb02
    DanErb02 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks man! I thought I'd have alot more responses to this one too.... I guess everyone is waiting to see who fesses up first! I have a GS211 so length and weight are on my side but that 12 degree rise is my only real concern... 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I finally turned off the Jeopardy theme music while I was waiting!   And your concern is a genuine one.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer