Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Hurricane 187 Sundeck OB - 4 bow BIMINI REPLACEMENT CANVAS

Options
hmark1221
hmark1221 Member Posts: 1
Hi,
I am having a terrible time finding a replacement Bimini canvas cover for my 2014 Hurricane Sundeck 187 OB does anyone have a good place to order a replacement canvas? I have a 4 bow fame but I can not find a replacement canvas that fits correctly. 

Thank you,

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    When anyone asks me if I know where you can get replacement bimini tops and/or upholstery, I always recommend going to a local marine upholsterer.  Most owners would prefer an "off-the-shelf" solution to this, but my experience of boat ownership (over 40 years) has taught me that nothing fits or looks better than the services that these upholsters offer.  Everything is hand-fit to perfection and the quality of materials are often much better.  Remember, your boat had a hand-fit bimini installed at the factory!  Also, if something isn't right, they will fix it to your satisfaction.  I read and heard of way too many owners suffering with their off-the-shelf remedy.  Most of the time owners think they will save money by engaging in these solutions, but find out it costs them more in the long run.  I know, I was my own victim of this a long time ago, but as they say, you don't have to hit me with a brick twice to finally get it!  OK, enough of my opinion.

There are a couple of online retailers of boat covers and bimini tops.  I don't know the quality or integrity of these vendors, but they claim to have made bimini tops for your year and model Hurricane.  If you choose to go this direction, it would be great if you share your experience with the forum!  Here's the contact info:

National Boat Covers
    2270 Cosmos Court #100
    Carlsbad, CA 92011
    800-616-0599
    https://www.nationalboatcovers.com

CoverQuest
    2020 Hwy 11 W,
    Chesnee, SC 29323

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer