Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Problems?

Options
GeorgiaPete
GeorgiaPete Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
Hello.  New Hurricane owner here.  I just purchased a 1995 Fundeck 230 FD with a 200hp Yamaha outboard.  Boat appears to be in great condition.  Obviously some stuff has been done to this boat: upholstery redone, motor controls replaced, gages replaced, new canvas.  My question to owners of older Hurricanes is, "what should I look out for in the way of problems?"  Would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problems you will probably encounter are the items you would encounter with any brand boat, electrical and trying to find replacement parts for the various systems and hardware items the boat was outfitted with.  Boat manufacturers don't stock parts forever, Hurricane averages 8 to 10 years availability. 

The trick is to find who the manufacturer was that built the system or hardware item and see if it is still being manufactured.  This is where this forum can help you.  I don't see a lot of "issues" posted for you model, which could be a good sign,  If you run into a problem, post it on the forum WITH PICTURES!  Pictures are a big help in trying to identify not just the part, but the manufacturer as well.

Best of luck with your boat!

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer