Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Clean FD196 Canopy

Options
twcarlson
twcarlson Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
We have an FD196 and have had it for a few years.  As expected, the canopy is pretty grungy.  My wife wants to figure out the best way to clean it up.  Other than just taking it off and spraying it off, are there any cleaners to use?  I know it can't just be plopped into a washing machine... but want to know how best to clean it...

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have found the best way to clean covers and bimini tops is laying them on the driveway or lawn, hosing them down, applying a cleaner using a soft bristle brush (I have had pretty good luck using Dawn), then use a power washer (40 degree nozzle) to rinse.  You can also apply a cleaner using the detergent nozzle of the pressure washer as well if you prefer.

After the top dries, I apply 303 brand fabric guard.  It is the only brand Sunbrella recommends to use on their material.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    Options
    It may frustrate you to see yellowing spots on your boat seats. You can’t just get rid of them in a single strike of cleaning. Use a vinyl cleaner to eliminate it rather than ammonia which is recommended by some.
    It’s better to use a cleaner like the 303 Marine Clear Vinyl Protective Cleaner to prevent yellowing in the future. It also provides strong UV protection.