Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Stopping Rain Water

davetpotter
davetpotter Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Social Groups
I have a 2010 Sport 188 and when it rains lots of water comes in through the Anchor Storage.
What is best solution found for this, if any. 
Boat is in lake and docked   
Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't heard a lot of complaints about this situation, so I was hoping you were going to get some other owners with the same boat that were experiencing a similar situation. 

I will share one of my experiences with you.  On my model, I get water pooling in the fore deck area when it rains.  The picture below is your model boat showing where my model pools water, the SD237 deck is very similar, just a bit longer/bigger:

How much water pools there depends on how low in the water your stern area is.  Even with the pooling condition on my boat, my model does not have water intrusion into the anchor locker door because my door is located nearer to the bow.  But looking at your model (above), if you have a water pooling condition and seeing how much closer your anchor door is to the pooling area, I can easily see water pouring into the anchor locker especially in a heavy extended rainfall.

One solution I can think of to remedy this situation is to have a local marine upholsterer make a snap on cover covering the bow section.  They can make it attach to your current cover using double snaps and taking advantage of the existing hull mounted snaps.  You would install the bow cover first, then the original cover.  Just a suggestion.  Maybe someone else has a better solution.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer