Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Propeller question

Options
Eakrok21
Eakrok21 Member Posts: 1
I have a 2005 Hurricane 198R. I bought it used and all was fine until I hit some rocks and now I need a new prop. The motor is Yamaha 90hp. 4 stroke. The prop was aftermarket vortex 13.75 x 15. Dealership says I need to fix it because they don’t know what Yamaha prop used to be on there. Hoping someone out there can help me with info on the right prop for me

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While you're waiting for someone to share an experience that might help you, you may want to go to the Yamaha Prop Selector website and play around with numbers to see what it spits out.  You will need to know what your Wide-Open-Throttle (WOT) is on your engine.

http://www.yamahapropselector.com/propSelector/web/
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Flatsman
    Flatsman Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a 2003 FD 196 R with a 115 Yamaha and I believe I have the original prop that came with the boat.  It is a 15x17 but I don't know if that is really the proper Prop.  Hope this helps a little.  The above post about the Yamaha Prop Selector is a good place to start.