Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

94 208 taking on water

thephoneman
thephoneman Member Posts: 7
So my new to me boat likes to take on water slowly. I have found that the exhuast manifolds are dripping slowly and will be replacing them at the end of the season. Usually when I'm on the water for a few hours I pull the plug when I get done and drain for a good minute or two. If I spend all day on the water I pump once or twice. The hull has some gel coat damage but no "holes" per say. I've found the right rear drain Port was loose and tightened the hose and plan to silicone the port on the deck, just in case. The other side I haven't messed with. Other forums say check the bellows but I haven't heard any rushing water or seen anything that leads to that area. So fellow owners... Have you had this issue and where did you find the leaks? I'll hang up and listen.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Double check, I believe your model might be a "206".

The bellows was good advise as a visual might not reveal a crack or separation, especially due to the age of your boat.  You probably have no idea if it was ever replaced and they do deteriorate over time.  If you decide to replace the bellows, make sure a qualified technician also performs a gimble bearing alignment check.

Your boat has a number of in-hull fittings at or below the waterline.  Deck drains, baitwell feed & drain lines,  galley/head sink drains etc.  The only way I know of to determine if any one(s) of them is the culprit is  by the process of elimination.  Plug each fitting, see if the water intrusion stops, then systematically remove the stops one-by-one until you see water coming in again.  The last stop you pulled is a contributor.  Bear in mind there may be more than one contributor.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• thephoneman
    thephoneman Member Posts: 7
    Another wrinkle in this is that the water is warm. I'm not sure if the drip drip would give me a bilge full of water. Been trying to find it but no luck so far