Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2011 187 S/D switches suddenly died

Earlier today I was adding a couple speakers to my 187 SD I/O.  I had to tug and move a few wires during the install but the only electric I added was tapping into the court lights (right at the LED) to power the back-lit speakers.  When I finished, I discovered that all of my switches, including the master switch was dead (Nav lights, blower, blige, etc).  I exposed all of the wire packs under the console and fished my arm around in the speaker below the accelerator paddle next to the captains chair and I noted a few wires which weren't connected to anything, but didn't find the female connection anywhere, so I'm assuming they were intentionally not connected to anything.  I didn't move any of the wires enough to dislodge anything so I'm confused what happened.  I did disconnect and reconnect the stereo wiring a few times.  None of the pop-fuses on the dash have popped.  The boat starts fine and runs fine.  Trim works, and gauges all work.  Switches are all dead.  

Is there a master fuse somewhere for me to check or any tips for troubleshooting this issue?  Thanks in advance for any help! 

Comments