Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

fresh water tank vent

JohnH1946
JohnH1946 Member Posts: 3
Can someone tell me the location of the vent for the fresh water tank on my 2019 SS218 deck boat. I know where the fill opening is, but I cannot get the water to flow into my tank since I cannot get the air in the tank vented out. The dealer says I need to use a high pressure water hose to force water in, this seems messy and does not make any sense.

Thank you,

John H.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I checked with Hurricane and it looks like your vent is incorporated into the fill pipe itself.  Your fuel fill is engineered the same way. 

These type systems can be slow to fill as you are using filling pressure with a liquid, and there is air pressure working against you by  trying to expel itself from the same servicing source at the same time.  The good news is that it is rare that you get clogs in the water or fuel systems vents engineered this way as clogs often come from critters depositing stuff in the independent vent systems.  Critters have a very slim chance in getting into either of these type of systems.

Regarding the water system, I fill mine with a 5 gallon water can.  I found if I used a longer fill pipe/nozzle/hose on the can, the water seemed to flow a bit quicker.  I would imagine a "thinner" diameter fill pipe/nozzle/hose will also help in filling the tank a bit quicker.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer