Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gas tank fill problem

plsomoray
plsomoray Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone,
i have a problem filling up gas on my 2017 hurricane cc21. I did tried inserting a 1/4 hose into the fuel fill opening/line but after one gallon, the fuel came out an d not draining at all. Is there anything else I could do to solve the issue. Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a previous answer to a similar post that might give you a good idea where to start:

I believe you have a blockage in your vent line.
    In my opinion, these lines are undersized (but I guess for good reason).  All boats have a vent to allow air to escape on filling, however the blend is to maximize the size of the line to vent the air, and minimize the line to reduce the intrusion of water/moisture. 
    If you can burp it with a line in the fill opening, that tells me you have a vent line problem that its not doing it as designed. 

One suggestion is if you have access to compressed air is to try to blow compressed air through the vent line (I'd do this when the tank is near empty and I would not exceed 20-30psi).  Other option is to use a fish line to try to pas through the vent line to look for blockage.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer