Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Buying our first boat! So excited.. right now looking at sundeck sport 218 ob but like 2400 2486 too

Texgirl
Texgirl Member Posts: 14
So.... what started as getting a 10k used boat search has ended up looking at new boats way more expensive than I would have ever imagined!! That is another topic.  We want to fish, do water sports, have a 12 year old son, take friends and family along etc.  So, we looked at Chaparral h20 21 foot sun and ski, liked it a lot but was worried about it not having enough seating sometimes but LOVED the fishing aspect of it.  Anyway, now we are trialing the 218 ob later this week and I like the space it has and we can fish etc.  I am worried about the engine not being big enough when we get more people on the boat for water sports etc. (150 suzuki) and I don't like the color (left over 19 black and white with gray interior.. blah blah blah. ) But, pretty good price I think at 44 something.  There is a used 2018 2486 ob that I may be able to get for 60k.  I am afraid that is too much boat for us at 24 feet and we may have to nix that one due to length and storage limitations.  Bottom line is I don't want to not be happy and I want to make as much of the best decision I can on this!  Any advice appreciated.
Also what do about the potty situation.. any and all boating advice appreciated. thanks so much!!