Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

195 Sundeck

Does anyone have this version of the sundeck with the tiltable mate's seat?   While I and my wife love the ablity to change the seating position from forward to rear,  I am very disapointed that the old useless sink basin remained.  I would much rather have it converted to a glove box or other storage area.   Has anyone considered taking off the left lounge (when facing the bow) back rest and making that into storage?

What about the short length of the ski storage locker in the deck,  any modifications possible there?

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• smiley
    smiley Member Posts: 34
    2007, 195

We think alike, the passenger side is a big hollow waste of space. I have played with the idea of cutting a side storage opening into it like the drivers side, I have not yet. Besides the cooler has no insulation and we cruise the inland lakes and icw for up to a week at a time, space is a premium and getting fresh ice after dawn and b4 dusk is a pain at times.  Even a circular storage port like a sailboat may work, I am still debating ideas b4 I start cutting.

She uses the handle in front of the dash and it is the leash tie down for the dog, keeping her amidships and safe when necessary.  The sink basin is just a clutter sot as it is

Under deck storage is a bit to short, my big shrimping fluorescent light will not fit, I just leave it on the deck to trip on while running and at anchor lash it across the bow, or just plain drop it over the side on a separate anchor to get it out of the way on anchor.

Its hard to tell but my guess is the fuel tank under the pan may have taken that space.  

Dixie loves the passenger swing seat it was the driving factor for her in the purchase, I wanted the big fuel tank and shallow draft.  We cruise into all sorts of spots that we wake up to only kayaks and nature.  We have done virtually all of fla now except the cross state canal st Lucie to ft myers (we did ft myers and sanibel awhile back, dont miss it if you get out here.
  • smiley
    2007, 195

We think alike, the passenger side is a big hollow waste of space. I have played with the idea of cutting a side storage opening into it like the drivers side, I have not yet. Besides the cooler has no insulation and we cruise the inland lakes and icw for up to a week at a time, space is a premium and getting fresh ice after dawn and b4 dusk is a pain at times.  Even a circular storage port like a sailboat may work, I am still debating ideas b4 I start cutting.

She uses the handle in front of the dash and it is the leash tie down for the dog, keeping her amidships and safe when necessary.  The sink basin is just a clutter sot as it is

Under deck storage is a bit to short, my big shrimping fluorescent light will not fit, I just leave it on the deck to trip on while running and at anchor lash it across the bow, or just plain drop it over the side on a separate anchor to get it out of the way on anchor.

Its hard to tell but my guess is the fuel tank under the pan may have taken that space.  

Dixie loves the passenger swing seat it was the driving factor for her in the purchase, I wanted the big fuel tank and shallow draft.  We cruise into all sorts of spots that we wake up to only kayaks and nature.  We have done virtually all of fla now except the cross state canal st Lucie to ft myers (we did ft myers and sanibel awhile back, dont miss it if you get out here.
  • smiley
    2007, 195