Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Upholstery

jlecy
jlecy Member Posts: 2
2003 232 Fundeck
Replace upholstery? if yes......WHERE?
Just Re-upholster?
Looking for advise?  Last year I had them refinished, (some magic upholstery bondo) and I was actually very impress. Than our lake had a tornado go through and I lost my cover and it sat out in the sun for 2 months and took a big beating! I need to do something to make them look new again:)
Whose the expert?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The best suggestion I have is to talk with your Hurricane dealer, or other boat dealers, in your area to find out who the best marine upholsters are in your area.  If you post what area you're from, maybe someone on the forum can recommend someone to you.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• sullmate
    sullmate Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    check out Great Lakes Skipper.

• cary319
    cary319 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the middle of reupholstering my 2001 gs201. I'm doing this my self for the first time and it's not all that bad. Marine vinyl cost me a little over $100. I can do one cushion per day after work. Most upholstery places can provide just about any material and can recover your seats. Good luck
    New seats make a boat look amazing. 
  • talentco
    talentco Member Posts: 3
    We are about to purchase a 2002 FunDeck GS248 and we have been calling around for quotes to reupholster the seating and the prices have been ridiculously high.  So we are happy to read your post because we have been looking at a DIY option since my wife and I are very handy and capable.  We will try to find marine vinyl locally.  If you have any additional recommendations we should consider about the process, we’d love to hear them. 👍🏼
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Veada is a supplier to Hurricane.  They sell marine grade vinyl and other seating materials direct.  You may want to consider them.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    If you’re aiming for close to perfect results in your boat upholstery, you can’t ignore the value of professional services in this regard. Costs can be summed up by these two points: You let the shop do all the upholstering plus extra work and take the most expensive route. Or, you stick to your specific requirements and avail of the exact services to fulfill them. This, along with the tips we shared here, can save you thousands of dollars. :smile:
  • kbmiddle
    kbmiddle Member Posts: 3
    Would love to see some photos of completed upholstery replacement, professional & DYI. I recently purchased a 1997 FD248 OB and while upholstery is intact I would like to recover for better appearance. All info will be appreciated. 

Thanks

• thomasbruns
    thomasbruns Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2007 gs 202.  One of my seat cushions is missing from the boat.  Does anyone know of where I may find a replacement?  I’m not confident Godfrey will offer a replacement.  Thanks in advance.