Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Need propeller advice (Fundeck 196) and opinion on Turning Point Propellers

petesmullen
petesmullen Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussions
Hi all, and happy boating,

I have a 2004 Fundeck 196 with a 115 HP Mercury 4-stroke.  I LOVE the boat.  For twelve years, we cruised Lake Tohopekaliga (Toho) and loved every minute of it.  I joined this forum then and have enjoyed researching things with respect to my boat.  Every bid of advice I read here was spot on.

I have now given the boat to my daughter, who has two waterskiing teens.  The boat is only adequate when towing them and I'm sure it's the three blade prop (13-1/4 x 17).  I want to go up to a four blade prop.  As of now, I've done as much research as I can stand!  :-)

I read several discussions on this forum concerning repropping.  I've also read recommendations all over the web.

Unfortunately, I see a range of different answers, depending on the thread, and I'd love to start a discussion about your experiences with the Fundeck 196 with the 115 engine, and your experiences switching to a four-blade prop.  I'd also like your opinion on the Turning Point propellers, as I'm intrigued by their design.

Thanks in advance,

Grrrrandpa