Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ski Tow Pylon Will Not Extend

irab520
irab520 Member Posts: 3
I cannot seem to get the Ski to extend on my 2016 SD2200 DC now. Extended it once or twice last season when we first got the boat from the dealer last year but have never actually used it. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Jeronimo21
    Jeronimo21 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Anyone have any input? I have always been afraid to lower mine as it seems to stuck very easily and didn't want to not be able to extend it.
    1999 Hurricane Fundeck 226  (Sold)
    2008 Hurricane Fundeck GS202 (Sold)
    2023 Sundeck 2400 OB  (Current)
  • maxbird
    maxbird Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    If your pylon works like mine on my SD 195, turning it counter clockwise loosens it so you can raise or lower it.  Clockwise to tighten.
  • irab520
    irab520 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2200DC. Last year I could not get mine to extend. I ended up taking it apart. There is a plastic (I believe it is actually nylon) collar/ring inside which provides a nice tight fit and allows the inner pole to slide up and down. Nylon is hydroscooic (absorbs moisture) and it is a very tight tolerance so it actually binds. I sanded the inside of the collar a bit. Then lubed the inside pole and reassembled. No more problem. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent post irab520!

I have also heard that pouring ice water on the pylon sometimes will help shrink the tube and allow for easier extension giving you the ability to go forward with your procedure.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer