Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

1999 GS201 Can't find relays!

Options
Hello!  I have been prowling all over this forum as well as all over my boat and for the life of me I cannot locate the relays for the helm console gauges.  To start from the beginning, my dash gauges have not worked properly since I had the motors swapped and changed out the harness from a Yamaha to a Johnson (yeah, yeah, I know, but I like the Johnson).  I've replaced the inline holders and fuses back in the battery compartment, cleaned all my circuit breaker terminals, re-wired the connections between the gauges (thinking it could be a ground), changed out my ignition auto-stop thing and the only thing left is the relays.  Which I cannot find.  I just tool around the ICW so its not a huge deal that I don't know my rpm's or speed or til, etc, but it'd sure be nice if they worked!  Relays are NOWHERE under that dash.  Something weird about my harness?  Do I need to look someplace else?  Wiring diagram for the Johnson 2-stroke 150 outboard might be a good place to start?  Anyone?

Comments

• thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 496 admin
    Options
    I would suggest the engine manufacturer 800 888 4662
  • JGOLDICK
    JGOLDICK Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm having a similar "challenge".   Some of my breakers are not working and none of them are marked for amperage.  Does anyone have an idea of what each circuit's amperage is?  Lights, auxiliary, bilge, live well, horn, etc..  I of course don't want to over or under size the breakers.  All of the wiring seems to be the same gauge, but that could be the sheathing...   Thanks.