I purchased a brand new 2016 Hurricane SS 202 last summer. I went through the break-in, keeping the speed low all summer. Now that I have 15 hours, I tried water skiing. Back in my younger, skinnier years, I was a very good slalom, trick, barefoot skier. Today, I wanted to show my kids what skiing looks like, so I just tried two. The boat could not get me out of the water. I weigh 220 right now. I thought maybe I was just too fat. However, it couldn't pull my 110# 16 yo daughter out of the water. Is my boat having issues or is this what I signed up for when I bought it? A few notes:
1) it has the 4.5 I/O 200hp engine
2) no modifications have been done to prop or engine
3) there was about 700lbs on the boat without a skier in the water
4) even with no skier, it takes forever to plane
5) I can't get a top speed over about 35/40 after trimming
6) trimming beyond about 1/4 drops speed and makes a high-pitch noise (manual suggests nearly all the way up to cruise at speed)
What are the thoughts? Is there a problem? Is this just what I bought? Can I do anything to improve out of the hole performance? Can a grown man generally ski behind this boat?