Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Thinking of buying a new Hurricane SD 22 DC Have Questions

teerexx52
teerexx52 Member Posts: 3
I currently have a 2014 Hurricane SD 188.  Thinking of moving up to a SD 22 DC.  Hoping for a better ride in rougher water than my current boat plus some more room on board.  I have never ridden in one and they are very hard to find here in Florida Gulf Coast.  Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• cregeis1
    cregeis1 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    We moved up from a 2004 Huricanne SD 187 to a 2015 SD2200DC and we have been very pleased.  The 2200 cuts through the water much better and feels very solid as well as having much more room.  We went with a Yamaha F250XCA and it gets the boat on plan quickly and to a 50mph top speed.  We probably would have gone with the F200 if we didn't wake board and ski.  Last year we took the boat from St. Augustine to Key West with most of the trip in the ocean rather than the ICW and it did great. I would highly recommend the upgrade.
  • teerexx52
    Thank you so much for the reply.  Our boat arrived at the dealer yesterday.  We hope to get out first ride Friday. Our hope was for a better ride and happy to hear of your experiences. I was considering the 250 but we are retired and don't ski so thinking maybe it is over kill.  Probably will go with the 200HP. Hope its not the wrong decision:). Again, thank you for your response.
  • teerexx52
    I took possession of my new Hurricane 2200DC on Wednesday.  Great boat.  The ride is much different that my 188.  Had some initial issues.  Stain in a seat, clouded radio screen.  All being dealt with by the dealer who has done a great job with us.
  • longlake
    longlake Member Posts: 18 ✭✭