Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Transporting the Hurricane Deck Boat

mpat36
mpat36 Member Posts: 3
We are new boaters and just purchased an 18 foot Sundeck Sport. We had a fairly long haul when we left the dealership with interstate travel and the salesman removed the seat cushions and stored them in the back of the truck. When we got home I noticed that they fit very tightly and I was wondering how many of you experienced boaters remove the cushions when transporting the boat? I called customer service and they said yes, they should be removed unless you have the boat covered during transport. And I am sure that is the standard answer. Most of our trips will be to a nearby lake within 45 minutes and we do not have a cover that will be used during transport. 

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    I transport mine covered.  Its simple and relatively inexpensive to buy a cover for transport particularly if you are planning to do it regularly.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • mpat36
    mpat36 Member Posts: 3
    What type of cover do you have? And did you order it from the Hurricane boat manufacturer or a boating supply company? I assume it must be one of the covers that fits tightly with snaps. We have a mooring cover (I think that is what it is called) but I don't think that I can tow the boat with that cover on because it fits too loosely.
    Thanks for your suggestion.