Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

boat cover

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement cover for my 2007 FD 198 OB?

Comments

• smiley
    smiley Member Posts: 34
    start with taylor made if you can afford em

If you have an old one for the pattern I would try the local canvas guy for a bid.

then again godfrey will $$ell you one.
  • woodling
    woodling Member Posts: 3
    Many thanks Smiley. I do have the old cover so, I will give that a go.
  • jcrawford
    jcrawford Member Posts: 2
    If your talking about a playpen cover, i have looked all over the place to get one.  I am having one made for my boat.  Cost is $650 plus tax.  Having it done first part of April 2011.
  • I just bought a '03 FD GS188 and need a cover.
    Is Godfey's my only option?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Most boating areas have someone nearby that makes boat covers (mooring, playpen, trailer, etc.), any marina in the area will know as well.  One recommendation I would give you if you're having a cover custom made by a local vendor is if you trailer your boat, most mooring covers should not be used during trailering (they are not designed to withstand highway speeds with just snaps).  Ask the vendor to sew in tie-down loops into the edge in addition to the snaps (the factory covers rarely include this option/feature).  This way, if you wanted to use the cover while trailering the boat, you can.  I had this done on my last boat and it worked very well and yes.... it cost me around $600.00 using Sunbrella fabric.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer