Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• Best Of...
  • Groups
  • Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

We are excited to announce that a full Forum system upgrade is under way, which will make it even easier to get answers to your questions, help other owners by using your boating experience, and receive dependable advice from our network of experts. While things may look and operate a little differently, we believe the new system will ultimately improve your Forum Member experience.

We are doing everything we can to transition your account smoothly without you having to change your current login, username or password. You should be able to get into your account exactly the same way once the transition takes place. However, if you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment in the General Discussions category.

We look forward to sharing new features with you as we upgrade and improve your Owner's Club Forum experience!

2016 231 live wells

obxsamobxsam Member Posts: 5
    My front live well will not work, I have a 2 position switch and two control values, anyone know the orientation of these? My rear well works fine it's just the front 

Best Answer

Answers

• Hurricane0826Hurricane0826 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭

You will need to trouble shoot with a local Hurricane Dealer.  This line could be pinched or have a pea trap causing this to lose prime.  To locate a Dealer please visit our website at www.hurricaneboats.com and place your zip code in the upper right hand corner for a list of Dealers in your area

• obxsamobxsam Member Posts: 5
      Thanks for the advice, my dealer is 4 hours away do you have any information on the switch position?
    • KWRPEKWRPE Jacksonville, FLMember Posts: 6
      Jumping Jeepers - I had the same issue, front live well not filling and confusion over switch settings.  Found relief by dumping a bucket of water into front live well to obtain a "prime".  Seems to work.  Did not know realize the well empties when in fill position running on plane - will need to test that one.  Also, the magic bullet seems to be leave in Recirculate and the well holds water regardless of boat activity - will need to test that too.  Great description - this live well thing has truly been frustrating  
    • obxsamobxsam Member Posts: 5
      Thanks for the comments, got to dig deeper to see what's up with my front livewell.....it won't prime backing up or filling it with a hose.
    • ss211ss211 USAMember Posts: 1
      Thank you all for posting this.  I just got my Sundeck SS 211 2015 and have front well not filling but I an hear pump run.  Rear fills fine.  Will try priming.
    • tgipsonhurricanetgipsonhurricane USAAdministrator Posts: 96 admin
      check to see if there is slack in the line going to the front live well - this could be causing a p trap in the line