Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

ladders for old farts

sallyg100
sallyg100 Member Posts: 1
Can I add a ladder to the front of my 2000 Hurricane Fundeck if there is note already one there?  The flimsy one on the back doesn't have much room for "beaching" once we get up.  I'm going to add a grab handle or two but feel like something in the front would work better.  It certainly is easier to get on and off at the dock from there.

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to add a front ladder, you'll need to find a way to fasten it to the underside of the front deck (typically bolt through with a backing washer/plate)  To gain access (as these are typically installed in the factory prior to the deck being attached to the hull, you'd need to either position it close to the anchor storage (if your boat has this) or cut an access opening to be able to fasten it from behind.

If not properly secured that way or if attempted using wing nuts behind, it will not support the weight of a person boarding the boat.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer