Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Drain plug

Options
nprcoolcop380
nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
Hello Forum. I am looking to replace my brass drain plug with a simple plug (quick release flip lock). 1. Is this a smart idea or should I leave in the brass screw type that cam with the boat. I hate having to get my wrench out every time I launch. Any ideas. I think it is a half inch plug (2008 SD220). Thanks guys.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had both types in boats and agree the quick release are easier to do.  However, I've never used the quick release rubber type in a threaded hole but in theory should work.  Why not try it on one trip and see.  

Worst case, take yourself the threaded plug and switch it on the lake if you feel uncomfortable or you're taking on water.  I don't even wrench mine anymore, just hand tightened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • nprcoolcop380
    Options
    If it aint broke don't fix it !! LOL. Thanks nquirk ! You have been awesome with helping me with my questions. Many thanks !!
  • bigbuka1
    bigbuka1 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Options
    I agree...if the threaded plug is keeping water out of the boat...stick with it.  I also only hand tighten mine too...always carry a spare though.
    2012 Hurricane SD2000
  • nprcoolcop380
    Options
    Understood !! Thanks guys.