Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

1999 FD170 ski locker full of water, has drain holes but not draining

syclone01
syclone01 Member Posts: 3
 The center ski locker has 2 about 1" holes but water is not draining out of them. The drain plug is out and the back of boat around bilge pump doesn't have hardly any water in it but ski locker has about 4 inches. I stuck my finger into both of the 1" holes that are in the bottom of ski locker but didn't feel anything blocking. Does anybody have one of these same boats and can tell me if they have the same 1" holes in the ski locker? I will try to stick something down in the holes when i have a chance but boat is not near me now. 

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know this specific boat but I've heard of other types of boats having tubes running from those holes to the bilge (not sure why they wouldn't just dump direct)  Should be easy to tell as those with tubes should have a plastic grommet around the hole with a male fitting on the underside for the tube to attach to.

Either way, it sounds as though those holes are obstructed.  If you have a small compressor that you can shoot some air through the holes and/or a fish that you can feed through to see if there is an obstruction.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • syclone01
    syclone01 Member Posts: 3
    where no grommets, just looked like straight thru the wood. No idea why it's not draining, when i'm around boat again I will have a chance to chek it out more. thanks
  • maxbird
    maxbird Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Boats have limber holes drilled in the bulkheads/stringers so water can drain to the bilge.  Yours is probably clogged.  You can try a stiff wire through the hole.
  • piney
    piney Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Several of my boat's drains were stopped up.  I used one of those garden hose end fittings- a small nozzle.  I believe they also  call these a sweep nozzle.  It provides a narrow, high pressure stream.  I jammed the nozzle into the drain holes.  The force of the water jet cleared out the goo.  It also shows where they drain to.
    Some of these drain outside; other drain into the bilge.