Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gas Tank Problem, My 201 FunDeck GS 201 runs out of gas at about 1/2 tank.

Options
oahetrader
oahetrader Member Posts: 1
What is attached to the elbow fitting that goes in the top of tank, (fuel pickup line)? I ran out of gas again this week. when I gas up it took 19 gallons and that is full to the point gas is running out the fill pipe. This boat has the standard 52 gal. tank. I plan on getting it back in the lake and run it to get the gas level down, and then see if I can get the fitting out of the top of the tank. I wish my arms were about a foot longer.

Answers

• M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options

Sounds like a blocked fuel tank vent. Check the vent line and also see if the fuel cap may be vented as well. To test that thought, when it runs out of fuel and dies, just remove the cap and see if the engine will start and run again by venting through the fuel fill.

• Team36Grit
    Team36Grit Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    I'd stick the tank to see how much fuel you actually have in it, could be a bad sending unit or gauge. Another thing to look for is how close to the bottom of the tank your pick-up tube is.
  • Team36Grit
    Team36Grit Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    What is attached to the elbow fitting that goes in the top of tank, (fuel pickup line)?
    Yes