Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Cleaning and restoring vinyl on furniture

Options
biggahuna
biggahuna Member Posts: 3
I have a 2009 226 REF...The boat sat this winter, with the Hurricane cover on. I live in the Fla Panhandle, and there are humidity issues here. There are deep stains in the vinyl that I cannot remove. I've tried just about every trick I know,but to no avail. Starbright, PX 14, Tilex, unchlorinated bleach, all commercial cleaners..I'm thinking it's not dirt or mold,but perhaps the dye from the cover...it looks similar to mold,but I don't think so....any help would be awesome 

Comments

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    About the only thing you have not mentioned for the stains is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but I have not tried it on vinyl.  I will recommend 303 Protectant for future protection.  Also 303 Fabric Guard for your cover.  I have used both on my boat for years.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • biggahuna
    Options
    bshippjr said:
    About the only thing you have not mentioned for the stains is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but I have not tried it on vinyl.  I will recommend 303 Protectant for future protection.  Also 303 Fabric Guard for your cover.  I have used both on my boat for years.

• biggahuna
    Options
    I tried Magic Erasor...coupled with various others...seriously, tried EVERYTHING...no luck
  • mferruccio
    mferruccio Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I used Meguiar's Super Degreaser. Did the job. Ditto on the 303 recs.
  • jsproat
    jsproat Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I had some mildew issues cleaned up great with CLR
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought that I would mention that while ordering some 303 Fabric Guard, I noticed a new product, 303 Multi-surface Cleaner.  Since their other products work so well, I ordered a bottle.  Might work on your vinyl stains.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB