Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ventilation problem on 2690 w/ F300

Hurry_Cane
Hurry_Cane Member Posts: 1
I am new to this forum, but I have found no solids reply to other questions regarding prop ventilation issues for the 2690.
1. dbstone ask on April 10:    No reply
2. Rich by Richie ask in April  2015  about prop ventilation and where to mount the F300. (Which bolt holes?) No reply.
3. Rich asked again in June 2015:  No reply related to an F300.

I am now asking the same questions and am getting a variety of "opinions".  What I need are engineering replies from Hurricane.
The F300 was installed on the transom by Hurricane at the Rinker facility.  It is located in the 3rd hole. There is excessive ventilation on any turn when on a plane.  The cavitation plate is about 1" above the hull surface. Not sure if the intake scupper for the bait tank is a partial cause or not. It is located stbd. of the centerline. 
This bronze scupper, the transducer and the tabs were all installed by the factory.  

I would appreciate a reply to this issue from Hurricane or any forum members that might shed some light.  
Thanks.  April 2016

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately these forums are provided by Hurricane but are not monitored or responded to by Hurricane and/or their engineering department.

It is a community forum for the sharing of information between Hurricane owners and boat enthusiasts.  So the opinions are all that you'll receive but hopefully the sharing of information between others who've had similar problems will help in your diagnosis of the problem.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Cavitation plate is typically even with bottom of boat. Unless you have a jackplate installed, then you can raise engine because of engine setback. I would drop it down to fourth hole, it may fix the cavitation but downside is it will make the steering more difficult. Personally I would invest in an adjustable jackplate and make adjustments from there