Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

WHOA--HUGE AMOUNTS OF WATER POURING OUT HELP!!!

slowpezz
slowpezz Member Posts: 8
First, this board has been immensely helpful.  I have learned so much so far about boating and my Hurricane.  So much so that I have realized that buying a boat may have been one of the greatest goofs of my life.  It is sucking me emotionally dry.

2008 GS FunDeck 211 Center Console with the now new fuel system on a Y150.  That was $1,500 of fun.  Hence the FUN Deck I guess.

Now, the auto bilge quit...I hear this happens a lot.  My mechanic looked at it and said the fuse connector was GREEN from Algae and Corrosion and blew for sure.  He snipped it and cut it out and now my Manual Bilge wont work.  No worries, according to him its just another $200 coming next week.

However, I just put my boat up on a service rack today to attempt to degrease and sterilize that disgusting Bilge.  I happened to notice that nothing was coming out of my drain plug hole.  We had 2" of rain last night and with the bilge inop...there was no way it should have been dry.  Upon further inspection, the drain hole looked clogged..So I casually stuck my finger in it and a goop of dirt or something came rushing out like niagara falls.  Then water in a steady stream rushed out for the next 10 minutes.  STEADY! On one hand I am lucky to be alive from not sinking this thing.  On the other hand, I am concerned about how much water the boat was holding.   I have washed the interior 4 times in a month or so (my wife has no regard for fish blood on my boat---a conversation that is coming up next week).  

I am shocked how much water came out.  

What recommendations do you have to avoid the clogging in the future and also......

What are all the other holes on the sides of my boat for?  Should I be fish taping each of them?  

All advice welcome....

Comments

• pmracing
    pmracing Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    With me my boat is trailer to and from the lakes every year.  I always use a cleaner at least once a season to clean the bilge area but also every time I clean it in my drive way I flood the boat and flush all my drains out, every single time, I also plug the rear drain and let it fill till the bilge kicks in a few times also, go outside the boat and pull open drain flaps while it's draining and get all debris out.  I just use dawn in the motor area to clean my bilge mine is also an io....