Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2016 hurricane SS 203 - ski locker full of water

Options
help!!

why does the bilge pump not drain my under floor ski locker which constantly has water in it and not a small amount but like half full. There is a drain in the floor of the ski locker at the back. When i manually run the bilge it is not pumping water. 

Comments

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So many possibilities. 

Is is your locker drain clogged? Or is the water draining out of it in to the bilge?

Is your bilge pump working at all? 

2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • janfreyman
    janfreyman Member Posts: 4
    Options
    yes bilge pump is working fine. The water only drains out of the ski locker when the marine lifts the boat out of the water to put it in the rack and they angle the boat with bow high. This is what worries me why does the bilge pump not pump out the ski locker?
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The drain from the ski locker is just connected to a hose that drains to the bildge area, then the pump removes the water from there, it could be kinked somewhere or plugged, try hitting the drain hole with a pressure washer to blow anything out that might be stuck in there.
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The bilge pump only pumps water that is IN the bilge. like checkmate suggested, clear the drain. It's either kinked or partially clogged. 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    My boat is a 2002 but the ski locker has 4 holes, 2 front/2 rear.  They are only about 3/4" holes, and don't have bulkheads so I believe are not plumbed but just drain into hull and then back to bilge.
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115
  • Drexx3
    Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options
    How are you getting that much water in your ski locker?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250
  • OTTOPILOT
    OTTOPILOT Member Posts: 2
    Options
    help!!

why does the bilge pump not drain my under floor ski locker which constantly has water in it and not a small amount but like half full. There is a drain in the floor of the ski locker at the back. When i manually run the bilge it is not pumping water. 

Hello

I opened my ski locker yesterday and noticed standing water. Stuck my head in there and what look like a black cap/plug in the aft end on the floor had not been removed. I'm  guessing the factory or dealer was suppose to remove the cap??? I had to take a bunch of towels and soak out the water. Thx for any help!