Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2005 Hurricane 237 transducer location

Options
Keith
Keith Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussions
can anyone help with the location of the Lowrance x44 fish finder transducer on a 2005 - 237. It is not mounted on the stern.

thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the transducer is not located on the exterior of the stern area, it is probably an in-hull design transducer.  That type will be epoxied to the interior of the bottom of the hull, probably near the stern.  My Lowrance transducer is mounted on the exterior of the stern, but my in-dash depth finder uses an in-hull design.  The transducer is made by Airmar.

Here's a picture of the in-hull transducer:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Keith
    Keith Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks cjjjdeck:
    I had had a good look, no transducer in the sturn enclosure. Only items in this compartment are the  batteries and bilge pump.

Keith
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, now you got me.  Other than a thru-hull design, where they actually drill a hole through the hull and the transducer protrudes through it (which you would see on the bottom surface of your hull), I'm at a loss as to where/what you might have.

Maybe someone else on the forum has something similar that they can share.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer