Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SD Sport 188 Winter Cover or Shrink Wrap

garrett575
garrett575 Member Posts: 16
I am getting ready to put my 188 OB away for the winter.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a winter cover or if shrink wrap is the best way to go?  I am in New England and we get a fair amount of snow in the mountains  Cost wise it is more economical to get a winter cover and use it every year, but I am not sure if it will keep out the snow and rodents.  Does anyone have a good winter cover that they use?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I have mine shrink wrapped.  The one thing they do when shrink wrapping is build a wood frame that will hold up better to the pressures of a snow load, rather than putting a boat cover over your mooring cover and relying on those supports.  The mooring cover support poles are not designed to hold snow load weight.  Of course you could build your own wood frame and use a tarp, but tarps are hard to seal well to keep critters out, or design a frame that will work with whatever boat cover you decide to try.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RuddsRetreat
    RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I shrinked wrap boat my first year until I realized how much money I was throwing out.  I purchased a winter cover from Fisher Canvas www.fishercanvas.com.  in Burlington NJ.  They have templates for many manufactures.  I live close so they came out and sized my boat since they did not have template for my model GS211 center console.  Great cover that will last me 8-10 years.