Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

good battery but nothing else works

I have a 2014 201OB, w 150 Yamaha 4 stroke.  Good battery but nothing else would work. No engine turn, no master power/radio, no trim power etc.  Checked fuses in the engine, all good. Checked three fuse holders by battery, all good. So, the positive battery cable goes into a on/off switch, then out of that the red wire is connected to a ignition protection module and out of that the red wire continues.  Well this thing is rusted and I expect the cables aren't making contact. Can't find a replacement for the module. The module shows that it is part number 2832, it has a label showing 187/188 OB and I have queries out to dealers and to Hurricane. Last time I needed a part it took over a month and on the third try received the right part.   Any suggestions on how to obtain the part quickly and if there is a substitute?  Other label on the module is 24VDC W35 40A    Thank you  Keith

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It sound like you are describing circuit breakers (see attached photo).  If one says "24V", it probably is for a trolling motor circuit installed on your boat.  I would replace these circuit breakers as many posts I've seen with electrical problems like you describe found these items to be the problem and aren't expensive.  Any decent marina should have these in stock, especially a Hurricane dealer.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• harig8
    harig8 Member Posts: 11
    you have it exactly right, that is the part. It corroded in just over a year and hopefully this is what is causing my problem.  Thanks for the advise and pic 
  • harig8
    for anyone who needs a part like the one shown. Company that manufactures them is BUSSMAN Cooper Industries. Specs are on page 70 of their product catalog. It is a series 12x shortstop circuit breaker. The 24VDC 40 Amp part that I needed was item number 123C40-A2P-KA but they didn't have bracket less ones so I ordered 123B40 instead. Less than 4 bucks each. I will say that Hurricane is much less than helpful when it comes to identifying parts that were used in the manufacturing of their boats. I have needed two parts so far and in both cases Hurricane provided no help whatsoever. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update and the info!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• harig8
    Besides the shortstop breaker which may not have been bad but was corroded terribly, it turns out my automatic bilge pump is stuck in the run position, therefore running down the battery. I have not unstuck it yet, reading up on options but recharged and disconnected the battery.