Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

217SD Weight

Dave
Dave Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
Looking to purchase a trailer for my 01 217SD I/O. Can't find a weight listed in my owners manual and no info on the boat that I can see. I would like to know if I need a single or double axle trailer.
Dave

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Check out Hurricanes website. They list dry weights. I know my 217 OB is easily over 4000 lbs wet, I bet the IO is even more. Go for the dual axle.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • Dave
    Ernest T wrote:

Check out Hurricanes website. They list dry weights. I know my 217 OB is easily over 4000 lbs wet, I bet the IO is even more. Go for the dual axle.

Thanks for the reply. I did look at the website.  It shows 4735 lbs wet weight and I assume the 217SD hasn't changed that much since 01. I am looking for a used trailer as I only need it to pull the boat out and move to the garage for the winter and maybe for periodic maint. Used trailers seem to hard to find especially the wide ones.
    Dave
  • callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    What area of the country are you located?
  • Dave

What area of the country are you located?

I am in the Tellico Lake area near Knoxville TN. I keep my boat at the Tellico Harbor Marina near our house. Great boating on the Tennesse River and good water all year. [link]http://tellicomarina.com[/link][:)]
  • callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    The reason I ask is I am negotiating to purchase a used sd237, and it has a red painted trailer on it. I would most likely take the 237 to Florida and leave my SD2000 in OHio. I can't use a painted trailer in Florida, and would probably sell it. I'll let you know.