Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

20 Hour Service

rcarson
rcarson Member Posts: 1
I purchased a 2015 Hurricane 201 SS I/O deck boat in January 2015.  This was my first season with it.  Love the boat.  In the process of taking the boat out of the water.  I thought going through the dealer would be the best option but their price is double what I have found near our lake.  One of the primary reasons was the 20 hour service on the boat to maintain the warrenty.  I currently have 11.5 hours on the boat.  Is this 20 hour service needed or has the rules changed and it is now closer to 100 hours (per a conversation with a local marina).  Thanks.

Comments

• M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm in the exact same situation you are with my 2016 2200 DC OB.  I've decided to take it to the dealer for that first 20 hour service and to address some minor warrantee items because I was impressed with this dealers service department.  That first service might find stuff I didn't even know existed. After that initial service, unless it is warrantee related, I'll probably do all the service myself.

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Likewise, I took it to the dealer while under warranty "just in case". Did the next oil change myself. A word of advice: do not tilt the motor up with the dipstick out.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    My Mercruiser manual (2012) states an oil & filter change at 20 hours.  Pay even closer attention to the 20 hour "Brake In" recommendations during operation.

Although I brought mine to my dealer, you can go to any Mercury authorized dealer for service and be confident the warranty will stand.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer