Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

question for 2400 owners

Options
robert843
robert843 Member Posts: 2
We currently have a 20ft sundeck.  Our lifestyle has changed a bit and we live in a coastal area and have started looking for a new boat.  We are looking for something that can go in the ocean.  I had not really looked at the new Hurricane models but now I'm seeing the hull change on the 2400 and have a dealer telling me this boat can go in the ocean and be successful.  I want to see if any other 2400 owners are using this boat offshore at all and how well it has handled it?

Comments

• delhaven
    delhaven Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Options
    We have a 2014 SD 2400 IO with a Mercruiser Bravo 3 stern drive. This boat has a 16 degrees deadrise and it performs well in the Pacific Ocean where we live and boat. No pounding going over the chop and it stays dry with the bow slightly trimmed up. Great ride at 3000 RPM, 25 MPH. 
  • HHP123
    HHP123 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    At what point on the hull do you measure the deadrise?
  • robert843
    robert843 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    HHP123 said:
    At what point on the hull do you measure the deadrise?
    Dead rise is typically measured at the transom or rear of the boat.
  • IceT
    IceT Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

We run our 2015 SD 2400 OB in the gulf off of SW FL staying within a mile of shore.  Not had any problems, but we do pay attention to the wave height prior to going out.

• Drexx3
    Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. We have no issues out on the ocean on the Atlantic side but since it is for leisure we don't go out with wave heights higher than 2'. The boat can handle more (we've done it and I've been very pleased) but it doesn't make sense if we're going out to the anchor or tie up to a mooring ball. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250
  • wesray
    wesray Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Rides solid through most anything central Gulf provides but watch out for those tanker wakes.