Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Height adjustable pedestal for wide helm seat on SD 2400 OB?

Drexx3
Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
hi folks,

I have a 2015 SD 2400 OB with the wide helm seat. It swivels and slides fore/aft but is not height adjustable. Unfortunately, when I sit comfortably in the seat the metal trim on the top of the windshield is literally right in my line of sight and completely blocks my view, and the horizon. I have to either slouch, or sit up really straight, neither of which is comfortable. I find myself pretty much using the flip up bolster and standing most of the time. 

Does anyone know how I might go about replacing the pedestal with one that is height adjustable? Looks like a new pedestal comes with a new base and I'm concerned about removal of the existing one after reading a post on here about them being bolt-through. Can the base remain and just add the new pedestal? Do spacers exist that could insert between the seat and swivel/slide mount? Any info or ideas appreciated. 

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    To not have to deal with matching mounting holes and such, I would probably make some spacers out of Starboard material.  It's available in various thicknesses and is practically indestructable.

Here's a link to a supplier:

http://search.defender.com/?expression=starboard&s=1
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Drexx3
    Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    The current pedestal is made by Garelick and they have a gas operated pedestal for about $250. Does anyone know if I can just remove the existing bolts then swap, out the pedestal? More specifically while researching options I've read on other manufacturer forums that folks are talking about the base bolt threads being embedded into the deck so it is about a 20 minute swap out. Do the Hurricane's have the threads embedded the the deck as well?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250