Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Replacing a Faria Speedometer gauge in a 2008 Hurricane SD220

Hello forum, I am looking to replace my speedometer in my boat due to the older one looking rough and the lens is kinda crummy looking. Can anyone tell me if this can be redone by easily replacing the old one with the new one. Can I use to old Pitot tubing from the old one? Do I need to remove the whole helm to replace the gauge or can i just remove the dash and do a quick exchange. I tried to you tube this but had no luck. Thanks guys !

Comments

• cvascel
    cvascel Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I very recently replaced all my guages and more in my 04' SD.  I'm not sure what your setup looks, but I purchased a Marpac Premier Elite (chrome bezel) gauge to replace my factory Faria.  All of the hookups were identical.  I did remove the dash panel, granted it was already removed for replacement, but I don't think it would have been an easy task without removal.  I just replaced the old guage with the new one using the exact same hookups.  The only thing I changed were the washers and nuts with the new ones that came with the Marpac.  I even used the same pitot tube.  I'm guessing that if I had just replaced the gauge and nothing else, it probably would have been a 10 to 15 minute job.

I am by no means an expert when it comes to these things but that's what I did.  Maybe someone else has more experience.
  • nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Thanks cvascel I am going to attempt this this week. I figured it would be an easy swap. Thanks man. 

DONE. I removed the dash screws and did an easy swap. Two wires and the bracket and I was done. Start to finish.....12 minutes.