Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Engine Hatch

Options

My Engine hatch is closed, very tight and will not open?  Is there anyway to release it?

12 Volt to Switch and 12 volts going out of switch on Green and Yellow Wire.

Hurricane 2013 Sundeck Sport 202 I/O

Tks Jesse B.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesse, I just contacted my dealer to ask what he would do in your situation as I don't have experience with power operated hatches, here's what he sent me:

"Try either the small tub on rear to reach pull pin to release the hatch or also make sure there is power at the dash for switch first. With out looking at access plates on boat this would be my first steps."

Hope that helps!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    Options
    Just got another message from my dealer.  He said that maybe one of the 4" vents may be near enough to where the pin is to remove it as well.  Those vents can be pried out to gain access.  Hope you have skinny arms! 

• jesse.bolton
    jesse.bolton Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Tks.. We are going to try to jump the switch and see if switch is out.. Getting in there to pull the pin is difficult (not to mention, the hatch has pressure on it which makes it extremely hard to remove).. But I have a plan.. Tks for the help...
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Let us know how you made out!