Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Seat Cushion GS211

drtair5
drtair5 Member Posts: 1

I'm looking to replace left rear cushion on 2004 GS211.  Yes, you guessed it, it blew out while towing......uggh!  Included are photos if anyone out there knows of one to be had or at least where I may be able to find one.  Photo is of existing left rear cushion for reference purposes and right rear seat where cushion was lost.

Thx,

drtair5

Comments

• mcan3
    mcan3 Member Posts: 9
    Hi. I just lost a seat back from my 2002 gs 201. I gave up trying to find a replacement. My options were go to a custom car/marine upholsterer  with pictures and dimensions and pay $400-500 or do do it myself. 
    I sent away for free samples of the vinyl from Veada.com (they made the cushions for Hurrincane until recently; very nice on phone). Got high density 4 inch foam and some Dacron from local shop. Not sure if you'd need 3 or 4 inch.  Staple gun and stainless steel staples. You could us existing cushion as template to make the base from 1/4 inch external (not treated) plywood. Use a couple coats of an epoxy paint for moisture protection. Then assemble. I didn't use a plastic layer as I read mixed views on including that. Corners are the only tricky part. Again, copy the method from the other seat. 

You  won't have the piping but you'll spend about $100 instead of several hundred. 

Alternative to to veada is to check out local upholsterer for white marine vinyl. Given yours has aged you might actually get a better match that way. 

So my seat back is all white but at least I managed to taper it a bit like the original. 

Good luck
    mcan3
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane doesn't have seat patterns for boats 2008 and older.

However, that being said, the SS211 is still in production.  Although Hurricane will not guarantee fit, you may want to ask your dealer if they have a SS211 in stock for you to look at and take the dimensions of the corner cushion and compare it to your boat (or maybe other dealers in your area).  From the pictures I've seen, the layout looks unchanged, the new cushions might fit.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer