Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

ski locker replacement door?

dsbunton646
dsbunton646 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2015 in General Discussions
Any one know if they are available and where to order one? Mine is cracked and is no longer safe to walk on. Its for a 2008 sundeck 2000.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You probably won't find one to purchase due to the age of your boat.  You may want to find a local marine fabricator and have them quote you on making a replacement.  If they make it out of a product called King StarBoard, it will never break again and probably out last your boat, it's a really great marine grade product.

Here's a link to a previous post that also might be helpful to you.

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1707/ski-locker-door-broken
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    Sorry dsbunton646, I responded to this before I saw your other post responding to the link I sent..... duh!

• dsbunton646
    dsbunton646 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the input. I thought about just having the old one repaired as it just has crack down the center, but the whole piece seems pretty flimsy to me. The basic shape would be no problem for me to fab one out of the material you suggested, except for the portion where it seals when shut. It has a rounded groove on the deck side and is not just a flat surface. 
  • cregeis1
    cregeis1 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I had a 2004 Hurricane Sundeck 187 and was able to replace our ski locker with a new one from Hurricane.  I called Hurricane and they said that although they didn't carry parts from my year, they hadn't changed the floor shape and that it should work.  It worked perfectly and I haven't had a problem since.
  • cjjjdeck
    Well, this is one of those times I may have given advise too quickly.  Parts for 2008 models are still available, apologies.

Hurricane does still have your ski locker door available as a purchased part.  The part number they gave me is 200022.  That does not include the hardware as you should be able to re-use your existing hardware.  Just contact your dealer to order it.