Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

GS-201 Cup Holder

Options
DavidPJ
DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
Anyone know of a source for this cup holder on my 1999 GS-201? The trim on the cup holder is broken, but it works fine. It's a minor thing, but I would like to replace it if I can. Thanks.
1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually researched this a while back and came to the conclusion that this is a really nice product that is no longer made.  I just did some more searching in case I missed something and came up empty again.

Here's a link to the previous post on this:

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1491/fold-down-cup-holders
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• DavidPJ
    Options
    Thanks cjjdeck. I guess we're going to have to be very careful with those cupholders. I have no idea how that little corner was broken, but it happened fairly recently. I was hoping to find the broken piece on the deck but no such luck.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's lots of surface mount models of a similar design, but not the recessed design...... frustrating!  I agree, treat them gingerly!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• DavidPJ
    Options
    Thanks again cjjdeck. I looked closely at some of other corners of the cup holder trim and they also have a hairline crack. So it looks like it's a common problem as the plastic becomes brittle over time. I'll leave it as is until it becomes much worse.
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the folding cup holders on my boat as well (201). I don't care for them much because they are flimsy and people leave them open all the time. I'm considering installing something like this. It would require a much bigger cut out. 

2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • DavidPJ
    Options
    omar174 said:
    I have the folding cup holders on my boat as well (201). I don't care for them much because they are flimsy and people leave them open all the time. I'm considering installing something like this. It would require a much bigger cut out. 

omar174, where did you find this cup holder?
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.fpmarine.com/Plastic-Hatch-Door-s/23.htm

Not sure if that exact cup holder will work, but it's an idea. I've never ordered from that site, but they seem to carry some cool stuff.

2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • DavidPJ
    Options
    Thanks omar174. I'm not sure what I'll do if the cup holders totally break, but that website does have some pretty cool stuff.
    I thought this stainless steel cup holder from Amazon looks pretty nice but it's a surface mount. Maybe there would be a way to adapt it and cover the existing opening.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097YH972?colid=2CRXRS7JZ7JYY&coliid=I29WZO1PRD08PQ&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl