Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Switches on panel

Russ
Russ Member Posts: 2
Help Please- I have a 2012 SD188.  Excellent boat.  No power to any of the switches.  Meters work fine and it starts and runs.  
Q-1-  I took the battery at the end of the season. I live in Newport RI very cold in the winter time. I am thinking I put the ground on the wrong post.  I have a brown lead connected to the positive along with the red lead.  Everything else is on the black neg side.  Is this right??

Q-2  I made the mistake of taking all the wires off the relays.  They looked very corroded.  There is one red wire near the relays that I thought was clipped to a black wire near the relays. Does this sound familiar to anyone. 

Help if yo can..russ 401-418-2869

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Electrical is not my strongest point, but maybe this will head you in a helpful direction.

The brown lead that you connected to the positive terminal should be the wire going to your bilge pump float switch, so along with putting the red lead on the positive terminal, you should be good on that connection.

I'll assume you hit the reset on the Master Switch relay (on the helm panel).  There is another relay back by the transom area probably near the battery and installed "in-line" with a cover over it.  That may be your problem area, as it often is.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer