Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Drain Plug

captainrandy
captainrandy Member Posts: 7
I was wondering if anyone has used an automatic drain plug on their boat. I would like to keep my drain plug out when on my lift but I cannot reach it ignored to remove it so rain water will not collect in my bilge. I looked into an automatic drain plug but unsure if they really work or if there is any other product available to have the plug on the inside of the bilge to be able to pull the plug from inside the boat. 

Comments

• dward0
    dward0 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Any new info on this?
    1991 Fundeck FD196 Fish and Fun
    1990 Yamaha 130 2 stroke

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I was kinda waiting/hoping someone with experience would respond to captainrandy about this product.  I haven't had experience with this type of product, but I took a look at what you were talking about because I was intrigued by it.  From some of the reviews I read, a number of people changed back to the screw-in plug, mostly because of the bits of debris that frequently (always) accumulate in the bilge area and get caught in the devise and it doesn't close all the way.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• captainrandy
    captainrandy Member Posts: 7
    Thats what I thought as well. a little discerning if it stays open by debris.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I too liked the concept!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer