Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

RE: Fishing Packages for SD 2200 DC OB and SD 217

M99
M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm about to place an order for a new 2015 SD 2200 DC OB or possibly a SD 217 OB.  I will be ordering the Fishing Packages but am not clear what they include.

1) On the 217 it says that the Fishing Package includes the Trolling Motor harness, but on the 2200 it does not mention that.  Is that included with both or do I have to order it additionally for the 2200?

2) Both packages say they include the Live Well, but do not mention if the Pump for the live well is included.  Is it, or is that also an additional cost option I have to order separately.

3) My last question is what exactly does the Deluxe Upgrade to the Fishing Package include?  A Deluxe seat are the only thing mentioned,  but that doesn't make sense because the Deluxe Seat is offered as a stand alone option for less than that Deluxe Fishing Package.  What else is included?

Thank you.  I'm looking forward to my first Brand New boat and should be ordering it within a few days, but need to figure out exactly what to order and the brochures are not clear on these package options.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I got the fishing package with my 217 SD.  It included wiring for the trolling motor to the bow of the boat, the livewell and pump included, rod holder clips in the storage locker, there was also wiring for an extra battery, but no switch, and a Fish finder.  

I think the Deluxe package upgrades the Fish finder, but I'm not sure what the Deluxe chair option is.  
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • M99
    Thanks.  That does help answer part of the question.  I may order the boat Saturday.
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    My other thought would be that if you plan to do a lot of fishing the 217 will be the better choice of the two.  If you will be in rough water conditions, the 2200 will give the better ride.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Ernest T said:
    My other thought would be that if you plan to do a lot of fishing the 217 will be the better choice of the two.  If you will be in rough water conditions, the 2200 will give the better ride.
    This is an excellent point for consideration.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • M99

Thanks guys. I will be in smooth water and do limited amounts of fishing.  My main reason for preferring the 2200 is because the DC version offers the side by side captains chairs seating for my wife and the 217 doesn't offer that option.  The Lakes I boat on never get more than a 1 foot chop and usually only 6 inches or so.

Its strange how Hurricane sets those fish packages up differently between the 2 boats.  Also, the prices listed in their on line "Build your Boat" section, showed higher prices for the Fishing Package, and it seemed as if you had to purchase the Regular Fishing Package and then the Upgraded Package on top of that, rather than to replace it.  Now that I understand, I'll just order the Deluxe Package instead.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Attached are the Dealers "Buy" sheets they use to order boats.  Hopefully it was only the fish packages that had a discrepancy

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• M99

THANK You.  Those are really helpful.